Sunday, May 25, 2008

George Joy is Contagious! Happy Birthday + DAD/PAPOU!! We LOVE you!!!

George  Joy  is  Contagious!
Christ is Risen! This morning, Georgie came to my bed at his usual 6:35am...  and today, being my FATHER, George's birthday, I wanted to write about a HUGE realization I have had lately, in the early mornings with my Georgie.  I have mini vigils with Alexios, as he drinks milk a bit in the nights... in these first couple months of his life.  We wake up to drink milk and pray together. +  This makes Georgie's EXTREMELY early morning visits...  a little tiring/shocking  ~ at times...  Sometimes I want to turn to Philip and tell him that it is much too early for Georgie to be waking up... and he certainly will need to go back to sleep.  BUT, I can not.  Georgie has SO MUCH JOY in the morning, he can HARDLY contain himself!!! He is not the least bit tired.   He is EVEN more joyful now that he gets to wake up and see his baby brother in our room, or right next to me.  How miraculously appropriate that this little one was named after his Papou George, my father!!  I realized one day that my Georgie is EXACTLY like my father, George, who I believe is THE MOST JOYOUS person I have EVER known in my life...    This joy is CONTAGIOUS!  I don't remember one morning in my entire life, waking up, seeing my father, George ~ anything but full of LOVE, JOY, OPTIMISM, PATIENCE, FAITH, an OPEN HEART, ENERGETIC, EXCITEMENT about the day to come and how it will unfold, PEACEFUL, KIND, GENTLE, TRUST...  and suddenly, I realize, MY DEAR FATHER, whose BIRTHDAY we are celebrating today, has taught me the FRUITS of the HOLY SPIRIT, since the day I was born...  and I continue to give thanks to our precious Lord and His Most Holy Mother, the Panayia, for the greatest gift any little girl, growing up, could have ever been given.  I love you with all of my heart, Yeorgikoula, my daddy ~ Joyous, Happy Birthday to you!!!  God grant you many years, filled with joy, faith, love, long-suffering, healing...  and all that you have been to me  and so many of us for 42 years of my life!!!  with so much love in Christ ~ your little bird +

No comments: