Monday, May 26, 2008

+ I was born to Precious Treasure!!! +




+  Christos Anesti!  Today is a very very special day. My mom was born today. Yes! The day after my father was born. I always remember my mom loving to tell about this miracle, when people would ask when they were born. My mom always smiles, but when she tells this story, she smiles even more, and her eyes would open up real wide ~ with her long, beautiful lashes, and say… “yes, George and I were born within hours of one another…” ~ they were even born the same year. We have already been blessed with two wonderful visits from my mom and dad this year. The pictures above are from a walk around Jamaica Pond on a glorious winter, sunny, snow covered day. Everything in sight was covered with snow, but it was warm enough to walk! Everything on and around the pond was glistening so brilliantly and brightly…it was the kind of beauty that you can hardly find words to describe.  Mom helps me to organize everything and order or go out and FIND the things that are missing from our home and our life.  When she arrives in our home, she immediately starts making little lists, of the things we need to replace or that we have lost... to stock our cupboards and our lives!  ~ that is for everyone...  for the kitchen, for me...  all the way down to the new babe!  Her kind, thoughtful, gentle heart and way, have blessed all of us SO much.  She loves us and takes care of our hearts and our needs in EVERY WAY possible!!!  My precious mother also takes care of her heart and soul, to the Glory of God. When she was here to help and love and be with us after Alexios' birth... it was right before Holy Week, and she and dad TOTALLY took advantage of going to all the INCREDIBLE services which Holy Cross offers!  She was in the chapel day and night, especially as Holy Week began, and even before... for Lazarus Saturday. Her soul was so moved, she would come home and tell me all about each and every part of the services! (The decorated icons, the sermons, the chanting, the seminarians... the many priests and deacons in the alter, her confession ~ which she ran to,  with a blessed priest she's become very close to,  and she was SO very blessed by...) She finally told me at the end of her week her, "Georgia, you know how most people live at home, and then go to church~ sometimes... well, I think I have decided I want to LIVE IN CHURCH, and visit home ~ sometimes!!!" Glory to God, for all things. She is certainly my mom! I FEEL THE EXACT SAME WAY!!! Mom went back home to be in Missoula for the rest of Holy Week, and helped to chant there, especially on Holy Saturday, when she led the chanting for the ENTIRE service.   A dear friend of ours who was at the service called us and said she was so greatly touched by mom's chanting and how she had led that service, how she had chanted, how her heart and faith and eyes ~ were was shining so beautifully, and our friend was SO greatly touched by her.... she said, " WOW, Georgia, DO YOU KNOW THAT YOU WERE TRULY BORN, TO PRECIOUS TREASURE?" "Yes," I said, "unworthy as I am." Thank you, Lord, for this precious treasure. Mumgoo, HAPPY BIRTHDAY. God grant you MANY years. We love you with all of our hearts.
 + Philip, Georgia, Kyranna, Alexandra, Kassiani, Nikolia, Markos, Georgie and Alexios +

No comments: